Yes, there are a few rules to this daft undertaking. They may be updated/added to as I go along.
- Everything I do must be a new experience that I have either never done before in my life or else it happened so long ago that I can’t remember what it was like. No cheating, and no going to the Natural History Museum for the five-squillionth time because I like the glyptodon.
- I have to do a different thing every day. No repeats. Of course, if I really love something I do I can always do it again, but it doesn’t count towards another day’s experience.
- I won’t do anything that conflicts with my morals or makes me extremely uncomfortable. Clay pigeon shooting – fine. Real pigeon shooting – nope.
- I will try as far as I can to do things which are either free or very, very cheap, if only because I will swiftly bankrupt myself otherwise.
- I will completely throw myself into everything I do, no matter if it takes me out of my usual comfort zone.
Let’s do this thing!